Visualization Meditation is an active meditation technique using visualization to enhance your creative manifestation power.
Visualization meditation involves mental imagery and the use of your imagination. It is a powerful technique to create what you want in your life materially, emotionally, mentally, and physically. When you meditate on an image you wish to manifest, and continually focus on the idea or picture regularly with strong positive emotion, you will achieve what you have visualized.
There are many different ways that visualization meditation can be used:
- Creating your desired life
- Achieving goals you set
- Modifying unwanted behaviors
- Enhancing positive feelings and emotions
- Improving physical performance
- Healing yourself and others
Cynthia Stafford used the law of attraction through visualization meditation to win $112,000,000 through the lottery. She wrote the amount down on a piece of paper and put it where she could see it, then meditated on it daily, visualizing herself receiving the check. She did this faithfully for four months. Then on Mother’s Day, she won the mega-million prize in the exact amount she intended, $112,000,000! She told Ricky Lake on national television that she used the creative powers of her mind to win.
How Visualization Mediation Works
Everything is energy, including your thoughts. You live in a vibrational universe and all things are managed by the Law of Attraction. The Universe responds to your thoughts and feelings, and does not know the difference between real and imagined. It makes no distinction between your actually having a million dollars and just thinking about it. So when you use your imagination to visualize something, with feeling, you become an energetic magnet. You are offering a vibration that the Universe responds to, and matches. Whatever you put out into the Universe will be reflected back to you.
Five Basic Steps for Effective Visualization Meditation
- It’s important to relax. Begin your meditation in the same way as the Basic Meditation technique, allowing yourself to go into a deeply relaxed state. This deeper, slower level is called the alpha level and is far more effective in creating real changes than the beta level (normal waking state).
- Decide on what you want to create or work toward. It can be a relationship, improved health, financial abundance, a job, a change in yourself, or anything else.
- Using your imagination, construct a clear mental picture or an idea of what you want to create and think of it in the present tense as already existing the way you want it to be. Include as many details as you can. Hold this image in your mind and maintain it for five to fifteen minutes, whatever feels comfortable.
- Meditate on your idea or mental picture daily, and also think of it casually throughout the day so that it becomes more of a reality for you. It’s important not be excessive about it or push too hard. The Universe will pick up on a vibration of desperation which will hinder your efforts for a successful outcome. Just be gentle about it and trust the process.
- Visualize in a positive, encouraging way. Believe that what you want already exists and is on its way to you. See yourself achieving or receiving it. Suspend your disbelief and practice feeling your desire as real and possible. As Abraham always says, “It is done!”
Visualization Meditation Tips
- It is especially good to do visualization meditation in the morning just after waking, or at night just before sleeping. Your mind and body are already relaxed and receptive at these times. If you tend to fall asleep while lying down, it is best to sit up on the edge of the bed or in a chair.
- Don’t worry if you can’t actually “see” a mental picture or image when you close your eyes. Some people see clear, sharp images, and others might have an awareness of the image or feel an impression. Whatever process works for you is fine.
- You may find it useful and rewarding to keep a journal of the experiences you encounter in order to gain greater insight and to help keep you focused.
- Don’t feel discouraged if you don’t immediately feel totally successful with your visualization meditations. You may have years of negative thought patterns to overcome but they will dissolve in time as you continue to practice.
- If it feels like you are forcing, pushing, exerting effort, or straining, don’t do it. If it feels helpful, releasing, opening, strengthening, enlivening, and inspiring, do it.
- Continue to work with this process until you achieve your desire, or no longer have a desire to do so. If you lose interest it may be your Inner Being guiding you to something different and prompting you to take a fresh look at what you want.
- If your desire has changed, allow yourself to let it go and focus on a new desire. Acknowledge that you have not “failed,” you have simply changed.
- When you have achieved your desire, remember to acknowledge your success. Give yourself some appreciation and thank the Universe for fulfilling your requests.
With time, practice and patience, you will become better and better at visualizing, until you can visualize the images of your meditation clearly at any time.