“You are the vibrational writers of the script of your life – and everyone else in the Universe is playing the part that you have assigned to them. You can literally script any life that you desire, and the Universe will deliver to you the people, places, and events just as you decide them to be. For you are the creator of your own experience – you have only to decide it and allow it to be.” – Abraham-Hicks
What is Scripting?
Scripting is a law of attraction technique offered by Abraham-Hicks in their book Ask and It Is Given, where you write a story about your life as you want it to be.
When to Use Scripting
You can use the scripting process when you want to:
- Deliberately create your experiences.
- Get more specific about your desires.
- Have the thrill of writing what you would like to experience and then seeing how the Universe delivers what you described.
- Consciously experience the power of your focused thoughts.
- Create your day in advance (you can script every part of your day or just a segment of it.)
How to Use the Scripting Process
Abraham-Hicks describes the process:
“Pretend that you are a writer and that whatever you write will be performed exactly as you write it. Your only job is to describe, in detail, everything exactly as you want it to be.”
You can write about anything that you want: a relationship, your dream home, improved health, the perfect job, your ideal day, or winning the lottery. Anything goes – whatever you want to manifest and experience.
Start by identifying yourself as the main character, then identify other characters in the scenario, and then write the plot.
Here are some additional tips when scripting:
- Write it as if it already happened
- Include your emotions – how do you feel?
- Include all your senses – what do you see, hear, smell, touch?
- Keep it fun and positive – use words that make you feel good
- Keep it lighthearted
- Express appreciation, “I love that…,” “I love feeling…”
- Read your script regularly
It is most effective if you write your script by hand because writing is your most powerful point of focus. But you do not have to keep writing it over and over again.
Benefits of Scripting
- Scripting assists you in telling the Universe the way you want it to be.
- If there is something you want that has not yet manifested, it is a good way to speed it up.
- It will help you break your habit of talking about things the way they are, and start talking about how you would like them to be.
- Scripting will help you shift your vibration deliberately to what you want.
- You are less likely to bring to your point of focus thoughts of doubt or disbelief.
“If you play the game often enough, and enjoy it while you play it, you will begin to see amazing evidence of the power of the game. Things that you have written will begin to occur in your experience as if you are directing a play upon a stage.” – Abraham-Hicks
Scripting is an Exercise in Self Empowerment
As you ponder what lies ahead for you, I encourage you to create your own future rather than letting it happen to you. Be the empowered creator of your own story!
If you would like more information about the scripting process, check out the Law of Attraction Resource Guide archives.