In the book Ask and It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks, Abraham offers twenty-two processes to assist you in releasing resistance and raising your vibration. They recommend taking a playful approach to their processes as you will hold less resistance than if you see them as tools to fix something that is broken.
Process #1 is The Rampage of Appreciation.
Abraham suggests using this process when:
- You want to turn a good mood into an even better one
- You want to enhance your relationship with something or someone
- You want to maintain or improve your current good feeling
- You want to deliberately focus upon something that is beneficial to your set-point
- You want to do something that is creatively productive when you are driving, walking, or standing in line
- You want to take control of your own vibration when you are looking at something that could potentially take you to a place of negative emotion
- You want to control the direction of the subject matter when your own thoughts, or words of someone you are with, start off in a potentially negative direction
- You want to change the way you feel when you are aware that you are experiencing negative emotion
You can use The Rampage of Appreciation process anywhere at any time by simply directing pleasant thoughts in your mind. Writing your thoughts on paper enhances the process, but is not necessary.
Start by looking around your environment and notice something that pleases you. Try to hold your attention on this object and consider how wonderful, beautiful, or useful it is. As you focus upon it longer, your positive feelings about it will increase. Then choose another object to give positive attention to.
This is not a process of finding something troubling and fixing it; this is a process of practicing higher vibrations, so make it your aim to choose objects that easily evoke your appreciation.
“The longer you focus upon things that feel good to you, the easier it is for you to maintain those vibrational frequencies that feel good. And the more you maintain these good-feeling frequencies, the more the Law of Attraction will deliver to you other thoughts, experiences, people, and things that match your practiced vibration.”
“The more you practice appreciation, the less resistance you will have in your own vibrational frequencies. And the less resistance you have, the better your life will be.”
In the book, Abraham uses the following example:
While standing in line at the post office, you may think:
This is a very nice building.
It’s great that they keep it so clean.
I like how friendly that postal worker is.
I appreciate the way that that mother is interacting with her child.
That’s a good-looking jacket.
My day is really going well.
You can also use this process to appreciate people, circumstances and life in general. The following Abraham-Hicks video is another example of how this process can be used:
Video Credit: vio77x
I personally love this process and enjoying writing my Rampage of Appreciation lists down on paper.
Side note – if you attempt this process and you don’t feel good or you’re not feeling the momentum picking up as you focus on happy thoughts, if the process annoys you in any way, then discontinue it.
But if it feels good and you want an easy way to raise your vibration, this is a simple and effective technique!