In the book Ask and It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks, Abraham offers twenty-two processes to assist you in releasing resistance and raising your vibration. They recommend taking a playful approach to their processes as you will hold less resistance than if you see them as tools to fix something that is broken.
Process #4 is Moving Up the Emotional Scale.
Abraham suggests using this process when:
- When you feel bad and are having a difficult time feeling better
- When something has happened to you or someone close to you that has knocked you back on your heels (someone died, your lover left you, your dog got run over, etc)
- When you’re dealing with a crisis
- When you or someone you love has been diagnosed with a frightening illness
- When someone very close to you is experiencing a trauma or crisis
The Emotional Scale is a tool that can help you to understand and improve your emotional states, so that you can manifest your desires more easily. It is a ladder of emotions, ranging from the lowest vibration to the highest. It begins with those that hold the least resistance ( Joy/Knowledge/Empowerment/Freedom/Love/Appreciation), all the way down to those that hold the greatest resistance (Fear/Grief/Depression/Despair/Powerlessness). Emotions with similar vibrations are indicated on the same line.
The idea behind the Emotional Scale is that our thoughts and emotions create our reality. If we are in a low vibrational state (disallowing of Source Energy), we will attract negative experiences into our lives. If we are in a high vibrational state (allowing of Source Energy), we will attract positive experiences, so it is important to raise our vibration by moving up the Emotional Scale.
The “Moving Up the Emotional Scale” process can help you shift your emotional state from a negative one to a more positive one.
The Emotional Scale looks like this:
4. Positive Expectation/Belief
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Identify your current emotional state: Take a moment to identify your current emotional state. Are you feeling angry, sad, frustrated, or anxious? Be honest with yourself about how you are feeling.
2. Find the corresponding emotion on the emotional guidance scale: The emotional guidance scale is a tool provided in the book that lists emotions from the lowest vibration (such as fear, grief, and depression) to the highest (such as joy, appreciation, and love). Find the corresponding emotion on the scale that matches your current emotional state.
3. Reach for a slightly better feeling: Once you have identified your current emotional state and the corresponding emotion on the emotional guidance scale, make an effort to reach for a slightly better feeling. Your work is to try to find thoughts that give you a slight feeling of relief from the emotion you are feeling. For example, if you are feeling angry, you could try to focus on feeling frustrated instead. If you are feeling sad, you could try to focus on feeling bored instead. The goal is to gradually move up the emotional scale by reaching for slightly better feelings.
4. Practice feeling the better emotion: Once you have identified a slightly better feeling, practice feeling that emotion. You can do this by thinking about a time when you felt that way in the past or by imagining a scenario where you would feel that way in the future. Allow yourself to fully experience the emotion.
5. Repeat the process: Repeat this process as many times as needed until you reach a higher emotional state. Keep reaching for slightly better feelings until you reach a positive emotional state.
It is important to note that moving up the Emotional Scale takes time and practice. You may not be able to go from despair to joy in one day, but you can make progress by taking small steps. As you move up the Emotional Scale, you will gradually release the resistance you have unknowingly gathered and begin to experience improvements in your life.
In conclusion, the Emotional Scale is a powerful tool that can help you to improve your emotional state and manifest your desires. By identifying where you are on the Emotional Scale and taking steps to move up the ladder, you can attract more positive experiences into your life. Remember that shifting your thoughts and focusing on positive aspects of your life is key to raising your vibration and moving up the Emotional Scale. With practice, you can become a master at using the Emotional Scale to create the life you desire.