Are you familiar with The Secret by Rhonda Byrne? It’s the movie and book that popularized the law of attraction. The key message of The Secret is that everyone has the ability to create their own reality. In other words, “your thoughts become things”.
After watching the movie, the trajectory of my life completely changed. I became fascinated with the law of attraction, conscious creation, quantum physics and anything that had to do with universal energy. These principles are the backbone of the way I live my life now and has become the basis of my coaching practice.
The Law of Attraction is the most powerful law in the Universe and affects everything that exists at all times. It is the basis of all manifestations.
Here are 7 facts about the law of attraction that are important to know if you want to harness this powerful universal law in your favor.
1. Your thoughts vibrate and radiate a signal which attracts a matching signal back, similar to a radio transmitter. When you turn on the radio and set the dial to 101.1FM you do not expect to hear the broadcast from 98.6FM. Your receiver matches the signal from the broadcasting tower and you hear what is being broadcast on that vibrational frequency. The Law of Attraction responds to your thoughts in the same way.
2. Energy flows where attention goes. Whatever you are giving your attention to, whether it is wanted or unwanted, causes you to emit a vibration that equals your point of attraction. If you are observing something that makes you feel happy, you offer a vibration, and by Law of Attraction, similar vibrations must come to you. If you are focusing your attention on what you do not have, by the Law of Attraction, you will continue to experience lack. Your life always reflects back to you what you are thinking about.
3. You can influence vibrational harmony with what you want by pretending that you are already experiencing it. When you imagine having it you are practicing the vibration of allowing it into your reality. The more you let your thoughts flow toward the enjoyment of the imagined experience, the closer you are to its manifestation.
4. There is a buffer of time between your thoughts about something and when it manifests. In most cases your manifestations do not occur instantaneously which gives you the opportunity to get more and more clear about what you want, so you can direct your attention to what you actually want to experience.
5. You can speed up your creations by giving it more attention. The longer you focus on something the more powerful it becomes, and combining it with strong emotion increases the momentum and brings it to you faster.
6. It takes 17 seconds for a thought to become magnetic. There is a momentum factor after 17 seconds, which increases the longer you hold your focus on the subject. To slow down or stop the momentum, simply focus on another thought.
7. Your emotions are your GPS. When you are feeling positive emotions; joy, eagerness, excitement, etc. you are moving in the direction of what you want (also known as ‘allowing’). Your negative emotions, such as sadness, anger, and frustration (also known as ‘resistance’), are indications from your Inner Guidance System that you are moving in the wrong direction.
The most important part of utilizing the Law of Attraction deliberately is being aware that it exists. Your awareness and understanding of it is the key to living a purposeful life, the life you were born to live.